Wednesday, September 30, 2009

34 Week Baby Check Up

Hello All!

So we had our 34 week baby check up this week and everything is great! We go in two more weeks and then after that every week. Which means we are getting closer to the big day to which I say, Thank You, Lord! I am so done being pregnant I can't even tell you. Baby weighs about 4.5 pounds and the Dr. said that she didn't think the baby would make it to the seven pound mark. She said that the baby would only gain about 2 more pounds. But it's not an exact science, this whole creating life thing. Other then that nothing else to report.

I do have to say though that this has been a great day! I've got tea in my mug, fresh bread in the oven and scripture in my heart! And it's raining cats and dogs outside and I LOVE IT! It's been the kind of day that makes me slow down and reflect. The kind of day for drinking herbal tea and reading while bundled up in a blanket. It's my very favorite kind of day and I am so grateful that all this blustering gray weather has happened on a day that I can be at home to enjoy it!

It's kind of funny, but when it's all dreary and melancholy outside I feel....peaceful and centered. Content. I do believe, however, that most of that feeling comes from this scripture that has been floating around in my head today.

Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. I love that! But it also breaks my heart for those that aren't the Lord's. I love to be reminded that I don't have to muster up anything to get strength-that God gives it to me! I don't have to strive for peace-God gives it to me. I don't have to try and find peace in things that don't last! I can have a lasting peace because it comes from God-not my own effort. Brilliant.

Just got a peak at the mountains and there is snow on them! Yes! I love this time of year! All the changing going on in nature, the mountains turning red, orange and yellow, then being dusted with snow......sigh!

Thanks for reading!
Mark and Aimee

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear all is well in your world. it is still nice here about 75-80. i am so ready for fall too!!
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANY UPDATES!?!?! ~Emily : )

    ReplyDelete